The junior school has a dynamic environment which leads to significant development in physical, emotional and intellectual growth. These are the ‘Foundation Years’ during which early linguistic skills, creative play, physical fitness and social skills are inculcated.
The early years of learning begin in 3 stages at JPS: Kindergarten, Jain Junior and Jain Senior.
Activities are conducted for the children of Kindergarten to enhance observation skills, quantitative analysis and sequencing which help them develop fine motor skills, auditory visual discrimination, hand eye coordination, one – to – one correspondence and logical thinking. The pre-primary teaching methods are designed to improve the psychological abilities of children.
Preschool children develop literacy skills in a social environment through language-rich activities. Teachers spend time each day reading books aloud to their students, which helps with reading comprehension, letter recognition and print awareness. In addition to this, teachers host puppet shows and talk about favorite books and stories. There is a reading center in the classroom where children can pick picture books they enjoy and spend quiet time browsing through them.
We work on the following areas of development:
- PSED – Physical Social and Emotional Development
- Language and Literacy
- Mathematical & Logical Skills
- EVS – Environmental Science
- Creative and Performing arts
- Physical fitness
- Art and Craft
- Stress free learning
- Integrated curriculum in fun environment
- Child-centered, self-directed activities, hands-on learning and collaborative play
- Experiential learning at each child’s own pace
- Structured sports curriculum
- Theme based curriculum
- Healthy snack programme
- Family Day
- Fancy dress, recitation, and storytelling to boost confidence
- Field trips
- Celebration of important days and national festivals.